providing hosting for customers

Stooney

When you guys are working on a project for someone, and they ask you to set up the hosting, do you generally make an account with your usual host then basically charge them for the hosting (the account is technically yours), or do you have them make an account with their personal info/credit card and just give you the login information?  I'm not sure which way is best to go about this.

Well it depends on the need of the client... if the client tells me to handle everything... I do everything from domain name registration to hosting... but if they say they want control I'll just probably just help them get hosting... as for me it depends on the client... If the client is non-technical I do all the stuff for them... if they are technically capable I just lend a helping hand!

I never thought about the whole dedicated server thing.  I don't mean to bring up the 'best host' topic, but as it stands I go with 1and1.com.  Would you guys agree that they are a decent choice for dedicated managed servers?  (I currently just use the business package).  What hosts do you guys use for the dedicated servers?  My main concern would be allowed bandwidth. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.