Shop - Recommendations?

gerkintrigg

Hi!
I just wondered what everyone thought was the best shopping cart and payment system out there?

At the moment I've written my own (available at [a href=\"http://www.magic2k.com/shop/\" target=\"_blank\"]Magic2k.com[/a] (needs to be uploaded, so give me a few hours before you look at it). It all works fine and uses paypal, but I really want something that will take the details at my end and make it look like they never leave my site. I want to have maximum control over the look, feel, layout, navigation, colour schemes CSS formatting of EVERYTHING, database connections and adding includes to the pages.

I want it looking just like the rest of [a href=\"http://www.magic2k.com\" target=\"_blank\"]the site[/a]. I heard about CURL, but I've not seen much said about it recently and the shopping cart tutorial about it was removed from PHP freaks about 1 year ago.

Any direction in this matter would be really useful.

I know exactly how you feel about having everything look like one site as I prefer to have everything look as one as well. Most sites I can think of redirect to another site for taking payment so I wouldn't worry too much about people leaving the site.

This is an area I have some interest in so I'll be watching this topic as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.