read XML data from URL

vinsky2002

Hello,

I am new with XML and PHP. I am having problem reading XML data from a source URL. However; the source URL does not supply any filename at it's end. meaning, the data is just send from the URL with out any given filename at all.

I am having a hard time reading this or capturing the return value from so. Please HELP. Thank you.

Cheers !

vins
vinsky2002@yahoo.com

[!--quoteo(post=368867:date=Apr 26 2006, 11:29 PM:name=kenrbnsn)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kenrbnsn @ Apr 26 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]368867[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What have you attempted so far? Please post the script.

Ken
[/quote]

<?PHP
if(!function_exists("file_get_contents"))
{
function file_get_contents($filename)
{
if(($contents = file($filename)))
{
$contents = implode('', $contents);
return $contents;
}
else
return false;
}
}
?>

<title>file_get.php</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

<?
$origin2 = 'https://twyp.secure-ing.com/ncol/test/orderdirect.asp?orderID=4141&PSPID=fastport&PSWD=1stdata&amount=103777&currency=EUR&COM=sample data 10&CN=Brown, Jeine VIIII&BRAND=VISA&CARDNO=4111111111111111&ED=11/06&EMAIL=vinson_isap@yahoo.com';

$siteval = file_get_contents($origin2);

echo '<br><br>';
echo 'this is a test result <br><br>';
echo $siteval;
echo '<br>';
?>

I have try this one, but the site that had been returning the XML data that i needed is a secured one (HTTPS). with the normal site i was able to get the content for my process. Thank You, very much.

Oh, by the way the host i am using or that is made available for me is running IIS 4.0 i think.

Cheers !

vins

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.