Jump to content

PHP has encountered an Access Violation


BlueBeetle
 Share

Recommended Posts

We're currently running this version of PHP on our Win2k3 server:

 

PHP 5.0.5 (cli) (built: Sep  5 2005 15:54:44)

Copyright © 1997-2004 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.0.5, Copyright © 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

 

We keep getting this message at random times on our MediaWiki and Wordpress installations:

 

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C82C853

 

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I've read that reinstalling PHP can help but that sounds scary to me.  I don't want to break anything else in the process.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I am having the same problem (though the error code is different--and I've seen at least three of those).

 

I will post my information here too, but I made a thread over at the WordPress site (which is what I'm trying to use PHP for):

 

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/156430

 

I tried upgrading from PHP4.something to the latest version of PHP5.  Yes it was a hassle; no it didn't seem to effect this problem.

 

Here is my assessment for comparison:

 

When I visit some part of the blog portion of my site (that is, the WordPress portion) I can visit one item (page, link, etc.) and that works fine. But when I click to another link or load another page (involving WP/PHP) I get an error:

 

PHP has encoutered an Access violation at 0128902E (or other codes)

 

I am running SBS 2003, PHP5, MySql4.1, IIS6, and WP2.3.3 on a pretty much brand new box. The general html of the site is working, it seems to be just the WP/PHP segments which this is happening to.

 

Oddly, every time I reset IIS I can access one more link. So, in theory I could do everything I wanted to do in WP/PHP by clicking a link, going over and restarting IIS, and then clicking the next link.

 

I did some more testing. I was mistaken about an IIS reset being required. On the server, seemingly at random, links will or will not work within WP running on Firefox or IE. I've basically just been clicking them in rapid succession and going back when the error comes. Currently the error code is 012B1255 (but I think it changes and IE skips this part).

 

When the page is going to error out, it takes ages to do so. Well, the Access error message tends to appear right away, but then the page continues to attempt to load. Then Opera stops loading the page; Firefox switches to a "The connection was reset" error; and IE gives a "This program cannot display the webpage" error.

 

Hope we are both able to get the solutions we are seeking.

 

 

Cheers,

 

James

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fixed.

 

There was something from PHP4 that was mucking things up.  Once I scoured through and removed anything related to PHP4 I came to a different error which was much easier to fix (changing the extensions path from ./ext to c:/php5/ext).

 

Now it looks to be fully functional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.