Issues with GD

I have never had a problem before compiling php4, now however im trying to compile php5 and i am having trouble with gd support. I am using a gentoo system and even though I have portage installed I am compiling all the sources myself. Anyway no matter how i compile php gd doesnt appear to work. I would really like GD2 working, but it doesnt work at all, and if I compile --with-gd it works however there is no support for jpeg, even if I use --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib. I can't figure this out and it is important as I have a few scripts that require jpeg gd support.

I am using the following configure command:
[code]
./configure --with-apxs2=/opt/apache2/bin/apxs --enable-ftp --enable-inline-optimization --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --enable-mm=shared --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-wddx=shared --enable-xml --with-dom --with-gd2 --with-gettext --with-mysql --with-regex=system --with-xml --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-png-dir=/usr/lib
[/code]

php_info() shows no gd2 support and there is no shared gd2.so object created after i run make. When i use --with-gd instead, php_info() shows that gd is supported with png and gif but not jpeg. My scripts also give a function not found error when i try and create a jpeg image.

Any ideas?

Never mind after a bit of logn research i figure dit out. Appraently there is a bug in the php5 config script that caches config wrong. This causes gd to be screwed up if you already have compiled one before with out gd support. To resolve I downlaoded fresh sources and recompiled fresh.

Sorry about this waste of a thread, it seems I always do hours of searching, then post on a forum and two minutes later find the answer.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.