where can I sell my website?

Dragen

okay,

I've just recently finished a website for a client, but they are now saying that they cannot afford to pay for the services. Does anyone know a good place to advertise the sale of a website?

I spent quite a while working on it and need to get to make some money somehow as I'm pretty skint at the moment ;)

So if anyone knows a website or something where I can advertise the website for sale?

thanks

do many websites actually get successfully sold on Ebay?

I looked at sedo.com and it's not quite what I'm wanting. It seems you need the website to be up and running with a domain. All I've got are the files and it running on a test server so anyone can take a look.

I did find this site: www.midascode.co.uk

which I'm giving a try. Hopefully They'll offer me something!

I would think it depends on what the website actually does.  It sounds like it was made for a particular client (shoud've got some money up front or at least have a contract) and if it's specialized, not much you can do.

Find businesses that your client's competitor, then send them a email with what your  site does.

yeah. The site is a hit counter system, where users can sign up, create custom counters and put them on their site.

Although it was made for a client it could quite easily  be used by someone else.

and yeah. I should've had a written contract, but hey. we all learn by our mistakes ;)

one thing is to get some free hosting and point a domain towards it.  dyndns allows you to point a domain to a subdomain, domain masking i think. so all you pay is the $9 sum odd dollars for the domain name for a year and just point it towards a free host.  then when the site is live, put a thing that says, Site for sale. Click here to learn more, and it takes them to a page with pricing and stuff like that. be sure to write up a contract and post on there in pdf format so they can see the contract before hand, and you will ensure payment this go round

if you play your cards right.  like i said, free hosting with a 9 dollar domain pointing to it. or you can do this route:

http://www.webhostfreaks.com/starter-hosting.php  + $9 per year domain name

With that plan you only pay 4 dollars a month. Figure that into the final bill, if you feel you must.

its really hard to sell a site that is already done.. if i'm the client i  would rather ask someone to built me a software based on my ideas..

and that site you posted that is locked (lol) is not cms i dont think you can sell it in better or right price..

its really hard to sell a site that is already done.. if i'm the client i  would rather ask someone to built me a software based on my ideas..

and that site you posted that is locked (lol) is not cms i dont think you can sell it in better or right price..

sorry, but what's locked?

What assholes.  I hope you learned to get a little bit upfront next time or a contract at least.  I've required enough up front so I don't get burned or a contract every since I did some I/T consulting on the side a few years ago.  Luckily my lesson only cost me a few hundred.

Has anyone suggested namepros.com or how about craigslist. Good luck buddy.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.