[SOLVED] managing user profiles on phpbb

respawn

I am admin to a site running phpBB 2.0.22. My role is to manage users and forums for this small player association site. I am quite unfamiliar with managing a phpbb but I am a techie so I picked up on most of it quite quickly. Mind you, I'm not coding anything, just navigating the UI.

When managing users, it's currently setup in such a way where everyone's permissions are managed individually. I'd like to fix this as it is quite cumbersum when making large site modifications. There is a option to create a group and just manage all users globally within that group. I can make the groups and I can admin the users, I can not find where I assign users to groups. I've felt like I have gone through every option. Can someone please direct me on where to go or what I am missing. I have attached a pic with the options I have. If you need more information let me know. Thank you in advance for all your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Look for a Mod on PHPBB forums.

Excuse my nubness but would I not need access to root to install mods? The guy managing the site is just letting us backpack off some space. I'm not really in the position to request mods to be installed unless I can do them for my portion of the site only. In which case I would have no idea how. Because the group management is already there one would think that there must be a way to assign users to groups. Am I wrong?

Oh, I thought you wanted to change the way you did groups, not how to use them (which you still should have just asked in the PHPBB forums.

Go up top to Usergroups, pick the group in the pulldown, then click View Information.  You can see current users and add new ones.  It's easier if you set to so they can request a group to be added to, then all you have to do is approve it instead of looking up their name to add them.

Oh, I thought you wanted to change the way you did groups, not how to use them (which you still should have just asked in the PHPBB forums.

Go up top to Usergroups, pick the group in the pulldown, then click View Information.  You can see current users and add new ones.

I apologize for posting my topic in the wrong forum. I was unsure where to post it, thanks for moving it to the appropriate place.

In regards to adding users I have posted what my screen looks like when working in the "Group Admin" section under both "Permissions" & "Management." As you can see I do not, or at least it is not apparent, have the ability to move users into groups. Would you think I am in the wrong section? Under "managing users" I also fail to see where to add people to groups.

[attachment deleted by admin]

At the top of your forums, where you Login and check PMs, click Usergroups there.  If you are not a Admin of the forums, then you won't get much farther, but you can still get to the Groups.

I realize now that I was totally in the wrong area. Thank you kind sir for solving this mystery. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.