Macbook Air - imagine writing PHP on this thing

emehrkay

I don't think the changes are huge, no, but I'd say they're noticable. The camera is better and the phone itself seems much faster. I never did update my 3g to 3.0 so I don't know how much of the speed increase is strictly software based but everything loads immediately, wheras the old phone took some time loading my contacts or text messages once there was a lot. There were complaints made that the iPhone ads made them appear to run much faster than they actually do, but I would say that the complaints wouldn't hold up now.

I think the trendy hipster thing is only true when the person looks like a trendy hipster. And even then maybe not. I'm positive I don't look like a trendy hipster. I find I can do more with a mac. 

I just feel as if Macs are for trendy hipsters who care more about looking cool. Also, the "it just works" catchphrase is annoying enough to make me hate anyone who even thinks about quoting it.

Yes - you!

I'm 28 and I have been [[re]in|un]stalling windows on various boxes since windows 95 -- I have a lot of history with that guy. It really took me getting a mac and using it for a few months to really consider saying "it just works." Of course it isnt perfect, but it is a breeze to use, and the fact that I have *nix under the hood makes for a good day.

I'm excited about the OpenCl and grand central dispatch support (both open source), cool things are happening with that tech. http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/17/snow-leopards-grand-central-dispatch-and-opencl-boost-video-enc/

I am a bit biased though as this is my desk (minus the air) 72YID.jpg (taken with an iphone)

Finally picked up a 3GS yesterday, just waiting for my number to be ported from my previous network. Cool phone though, from what I have played with it so far - This is the first time I have used one before. The on-screen keyboard is surprisingly easy to type on, I might even go as far as saying it's easier than my Blackberry Bold that I switched from.

I've had an iphone for a year now and early on i felt that if it had an extra row of keys for easy access to {} [] - <> ., i could write programs on it.

Oh god....  I fail at thumb typing.

I don't think the changes are huge, no, but I'd say they're noticable. The camera is better and the phone itself seems much faster. I never did update my 3g to 3.0 so I don't know how much of the speed increase is strictly software based but everything loads immediately, wheras the old phone took some time loading my contacts or text messages once there was a lot. There were complaints made that the iPhone ads made them appear to run much faster than they actually do, but I would say that the complaints wouldn't hold up now.

I think the trendy hipster thing is only true when the person looks like a trendy hipster. And even then maybe not. I'm positive I don't look like a trendy hipster. I find I can do more with a mac. 

Safari was noticeably faster on my sister's, but I didn't notice a difference with contacts or texts.  Then again, I delete my texts when ever I get about 20 lol, and I only have about 30 contacts.

Lol I haven't deleted a single text and I have a little over 100 contacts. I find it faster. It could just be software though and how 3.0 queries its database for the contacts and the texts. Safari is quicker too as you mentioned.

I've heard good things about the Pre as well. I may try one next time I'm passing a cell phone kiosk.

Nice desk emehrkay :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.