phpfreaks.com forum

Guest askjames01

Guest askjames01
Hello eric(phpfreaks)?

Hello to the admin.

I would like to know if phpfreaks.com is a custom made forum base website?
Or is it came from some "free PHP FORUM" base addon script and you guys just simply
modified the codes huh?

and if your answer is you constructed it from scratch to finish then how many days or months
did you guys spent before you finish it all huh?

and how many are you all coding and designing this site?

i'm merely curious... :)

thanks n advance.

-/james/

scroll down right to the bottom of the page and you'll see ... Invision Power Board. Once upon a time there was a free version as well as the licensed version. The free version doesn't exist anymore. And IPB has all kinds of customization options as well as lots of 'patches' available to do all sorts of stuff.

Guest askjames01
really? cool... :)

so you mean this was came from a free version of IPB?

and they just modified the codes huh a little?

cool...

I don't think that's quite so. I think there always were two versions of the Invision Forum - one free and one licensed. I assume the licensed version offered more features, more support, etc. ... and now it's the only version left.

Educated guess, based on the fact that (a) there are still threads around from the pre-2.0 days, the fact that when I tried to log on with my forum username into the site it didn't work, and the way that the way that the forum is in the middle of the rest of the site stuff.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.