Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maverickb7

Recording Search Terms

Hello--
I have a large database full of articles that I allow my users to search through. I'm curious to see what kinda searches they are making on my site so I was wondering what the best method would be for recording the search terms? I tried something simple with the if/else where it would either add the term to a table or modify the counter if the term exsisted. That didn't really work out as everytime you loaded a new page of results (for the same term) it would keep adding 1+ to the counter. Does anyone have an easy method to get this done?

[!--quoteo(post=369888:date=Apr 29 2006, 11:30 AM:name=Maverickb7)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverickb7 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]369888[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello--
I have a large database full of articles that I allow my users to search through. I'm curious to see what kinda searches they are making on my site so I was wondering what the best method would be for recording the search terms? I tried something simple with the if/else where it would either add the term to a table or modify the counter if the term exsisted. That didn't really work out as everytime you loaded a new page of results (for the same term) it would keep adding 1+ to the counter. Does anyone have an easy method to get this done?
[/quote]

I thought this would be pretty simple?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.