#1 Maverickb7

Maverickb7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

Hello--
I have a large database full of articles that I allow my users to search through. I'm curious to see what kinda searches they are making on my site so I was wondering what the best method would be for recording the search terms? I tried something simple with the if/else where it would either add the term to a table or modify the counter if the term exsisted. That didn't really work out as everytime you loaded a new page of results (for the same term) it would keep adding 1+ to the counter. Does anyone have an easy method to get this done?

#2 Maverickb7

Maverickb7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

[!--quoteo(post=369888:date=Apr 29 2006, 11:30 AM:name=Maverickb7)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverickb7 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:30 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello--
I have a large database full of articles that I allow my users to search through. I'm curious to see what kinda searches they are making on my site so I was wondering what the best method would be for recording the search terms? I tried something simple with the if/else where it would either add the term to a table or modify the counter if the term exsisted. That didn't really work out as everytime you loaded a new page of results (for the same term) it would keep adding 1+ to the counter. Does anyone have an easy method to get this done?
[/quote]

I thought this would be pretty simple?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users