[SOLVED] Datbase Upload Pointers

ironman

I have reports based on data I export from my company database. I usually export the data into an excel spreadsheet, then within excel I create formulas that represent the info I place into my reports. (Average things, get percentages, ect) This entire task takes two hours on a goodnight so obviously I'd like to automate the process.

So my thoughts were to create a php run site along with MySQL as its backed database. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import my data daily into a master table within my MySQL database I've created? The data will be over written daily.

Also a side note. I have the options to export my data in the following formats:

1. XML Spreadsheet

2. XML Data

3. Single File Web Page

4. Web Page

5. HTML

6. Unicode Text

7. CSV

8. WQ1

9. DBF 4(dBASE IV)

10. DIF (Data Interchange Format)

11. SYLK (Symbloic Link)

12. Comma Separated Text File

Hope someone has some good pointers. Thanks!

How is the data stored? What kind of "database" is it. If it's any type of SQL database or if it in some way has an API then it might be easier to use that. If that is not possible then I would suggest to export it as an XML file. How you would then insert that into your MySQL database obviously depends on how the data is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.