[SOLVED] DW - How to show foreign key NAME in repeat region?

Hi All,

I have a product_list page where I want all of the details of each record to be visible so I can check that they were entered properly. Then I have EDIT and DELETE links for their intended use, all in a repeat region.

The problem is that 4 of the 10 fields in the table are foreign keys from other tables and their values were set by using drop-down lists. I can show the value of each field but the foreign keys are numeric and I want to show their word value from the other tables.

My repeat region is based on the listProducts recordset with the following SQL:

SELECT *

FROM products

ORDER BY products.mod_num

but that is what gets me the numeric value in those foreign keys. I have created separate recordsets for each of the foreign tables to select the record name:

SELECT divisions.div_name

FROM products, divisions

WHERE divisions.div_id = products.div_id

When I test the SQL it works just right, however I don't know how to include these recordsets in my repeat region behavior since the repeat region behavior only allows one recordset to be defined. I have tried creating one giant SQL to accomplish this but I can't figure out how to do that.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Should I just make separate tables and repeat regions for each of the foreign fields and align them? There must be a simpler way than that.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.