Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benq

Displaying data from XML file?

hello all

i think this maybe a php question but i,m unsure

i have an xml file and i want to display the data in it from a checkbox in another page.

so basicaly, xml in folder data and index.php in the same directory, i want be able to check the checkbox with 1st name and it will display the contents from the xml file. to the secondpage which is page.php.

contents will be for example

first_name
chuck
james

i hope the question is clear please me for detail if required

any ideas would be great

many thanks

p.s as far as i know i need to parse it on the server using a serverside language like PHP but i,m unsure how

any ideas anyone

[!--quoteo(post=369904:date=Apr 29 2006, 12:18 PM:name=benq)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(benq @ Apr 29 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]369904[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
hello all

i think this maybe a php question but i,m unsure

i have an xml file and i want to display the data in it from a checkbox in another page.

so basicaly, xml in folder data and index.php in the same directory, i want be able to check the checkbox with 1st name and it will display the contents from the xml file. to the secondpage which is page.php.

contents will be for example

first_name
chuck
james

i hope the question is clear please me for detail if required

any ideas would be great
many thanks

p.s as far as i know i need to parse it on the server using a serverside language like PHP but i,m unsure how
[/quote]

Guest askjames01
pinoy ka ba?

Hi there,,

askjames01,,
ka ba pimoyu,, ;)

benq,,
Maybe some links/code lines could help us to better understand,... (I didn't get your idea about the checkbox/1st name,,)
& I think you will need php language to parse the xml file, yep,,

l8tr,,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.