safari emulator

GBS

Hi all,,

Just wondering on global website rendering/appearance, using MAC browser,...
Does anybody know a good tool which can emulate the safari browser,, ?

The best tool is certainly [u]Mac itself[/u],, but,..... :)

Thanks in advance,,

l8tr,,

Safari uses the KHTML layout engine, along with the popular KDE (Linux only) browser Konqueror. However, those are the only two browsers that utilize the KHTML engine, so if you're not running Linux or Mac OS, then I'm afraid you're out of luck. However, in my experience, if it looks good in IE, it will also look good in Konqueror, so it'll also look good in Safari.

Thanks for your comments & tips,,
I will try then KDE with Linux,, :)

Just to explain more,, one person tested a website I've done, under Mac/Safari, & the pictures wasn't displayed correctly (methods used are 'document.getElementById' & 'src',.... don't know yet if it causes a problem displaying image under Safari,,... I will search for that,,),...
so I need to do some more test with the KHTML engine, yep,,

thanks again,,

l8tr,,

the closest 'mainstream' browser to safari i can recommend on the PC for testing is Opera, mainly because they're both extremely standards compliant. Apart from styling Submit buttons, etc (safari seems to default to the normal buttons), Safari seems to render pages perfectly. I can normally safely assume that if it works on Opera on my PC, it'll work perfectly on Safari on my Mac, and vice versa.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.