Online PhP based game

RPGillespie

Hey, I've recently gotten into an online PhP-based Game, and I was wondering a few things.

1. Is there a program I can use that will show me what my computer is sending the game server?

2. Can I manipulate and or manually send information from my computer to the game server with it having the same effect as me clicking a link?

3. Are there any ways I can manipulate in-game variables such as $exp and $gold?

Thanks for any and all help
-RPGillespie

Since I am assuming your are wanting to cheat in your phpgame there isnt much you can do without knowing how the code is set up.

As for seeing what data your machine is sending to the game server? Run Ethereal and look at the packets I suppose is one way. But then you'll need to understand how packets are madeup to make any sense of it.

As for what variables and such you want to be able to change? I'm sure the game you are playing has tried to figure out every way someone could 'inject' their own set of variables in order to cheat.

Thats as far as I can go since I have no idea what game or how they coded :) If they have done the game with $_POST[] when you submit things ingame, I doubt you'll be able to do anything about it.

Exploiting a security flaw in order to make a program do something other than what it is intended to do by the programmer, company, etc... is a form of hacking. Did you know that doing something like is illegal and could possibly lead to you being arrested, prosecuted, fined, and/or sent to jail? I can't believe you would seriously register on a board and openly ask people to help you hack.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.