Real english speaking & non-english speaking?

Guest askjames01

Guest askjames01
ok, i think this thread is very appropriate for me to ask your opinions, reactions & feelings.

I know there are hundreds or thousands members here that are not really english fluent.
(just like me)

What do you do if you encounter members that don't actually write their wrttings very well?
Specially if you notice that their writtings are in wrong grammar and perhaps their objective is not
really the one that they wanted to be, because they can't express it right due to poor english grammar?

your opinions please?
your reactions?
and specially your feelings?

i want to hear it all from you 'real english speaking people'?

-/james/

-every time i post a thread i always have an english dictionary beside me hoping that my grammar is in the right composition. :)

Guest askjames01
how can i edit the title of this thread i want to replace
this --> "Real english speakers & non-english speakers?, language grammar?"

with this --> "Real english speaking & non-english speaking?, language grammar?"

it's really annoying to see that title i hate it!

hey, moderators can you change that title because i can't do it, i think there is no option here to change
the title? i don't have the power here maybe you do moderators?

thanks n advance.

I edited your title.

I normally just ignore the bad grammer if I can understand the question. Some people here really butcher the language, but if you can get your point across enough to explain your problem, your question is going to be answered. Do I care? Sometimes. I feel like if you expect to get help from an english-speaking board, you should at least try to get most of the grammer right. And granted, most do, but it seems like some people either just started learning english the day before or they don't really care.

Guest askjames01
Thank you very much for replacing that annoying title [b]ober[/b]!

oh, i see...

i think your kind man! [b]"ober"[/b] because you don't butcher & disappoint people like me.

i'll wait for the other moderators & members to write their comments.

and let see what do they feel toward --> "bad grammar"?

Same here, although I'm like a grammar Nazi.

I'm pretty considerate when it comes to someones question, I see no point in changing the subject to something stupid like a mispelled word rather than their main perogative.

I speak both spanish and english so I know how hard it can be to sound...not foreign, in the spanish perspective for me.

like ober said, if you can get [b]your[/b] idea of a [b]question across[/b] in whatever words it takes, it will be answered.

My thoughts: [list][*]If you should be able to speak the language properly, then there's no excuse for butchering it. Shame for not even being able to speak your native language as it was meant to be spoken.[list][*]I figure that you should be expected to speak the language properly if you're from the US, the UK, or other primarily English-speaking areas. Otherwise, it's understandable - I give you credit for learning English as well as you have. I can't speak any other languages.[/list][*]And, in-general:[list][*]I hate when people use 1337 5p34|< (leet speak) or some of the internet words. r for are, u for you... and especially things like "ur" for your or you're. How hard is it to throw those two extra keystrokes in? Come on guys...[/list][/list]

Guest askjames01
hey [b]zanus[/b].
is that TechTV avatar because it look like the same.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]although I'm like a grammar Nazi.[/quote]

What do you mean you are also a butcher, ha, ha, ha

i hope you don't butcher me.

Basically, I'm with the rest here. If you make an honest attempt to ask a sensible question, whether it's got grammar, syntax, or spelling errors, or even the occasional wrong word used, I'll answer if I can. I assume anyone who can speak/write more one language is pretty smart.

Guest askjames01
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] I assume anyone who can speak/write more one language is pretty smart.[/quote]

i hope so.

i'm so glad i found this community because it's not only the php syntax grammar that
i can sharpen and also with english synxtax grammar.

[!--quoteo(post=370432:date=May 2 2006, 01:24 AM:name=askjames01)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(askjames01 @ May 2 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]370432[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]is that TechTV avatar because it look like the same.[/quote]Thats the logo for the Hip-Hop group Hieroglyphics.

[!--quoteo(post=370435:date=May 1 2006, 08:33 PM:name=AndyB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AndyB @ May 1 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]370435[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I assume anyone who can speak/write more one language is pretty smart.[/quote]

While I agree with you on some levels, that's a fairly big assumption.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.