Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhune

admin login problem

Hi everyone

I just purchased a php script and managed to install it "localhost" just fine but when I try to access the main index or admin page I get this message:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\ChefRecruit\conn.php on line 11"

these are te contents of conn.php:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?

$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "root";
$db_password = "";
$db_name = "chefrecruit";
$site_name = "CHefRecruit";
$site_title = "ChefRecruit";
$url = "http://localhost/ChefRecruit";

om";

///////////////////////////

$connection = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_username, $db_password) or die(mysql_error());
$db = mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection);

$qset = "select * from job_settings";
$rset = mysql_query($qset) or die(mysql_error());
$aset = mysql_fetch_array($rset);

?>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and line 11 would be this ------> om";

if i eraise this line everyting is fine as far as viewing the main index page or the login page goes, except that that i can't login to the admin page with the password that I was told to use.

I am using Xampp on windows
can anyone help me with this please.

dhune

Guest askjames01
i think you don't need this --> om";
the line eleven?

i think that is a syntax error.

did you read the installation instruction manual that accompanying the script?

[!--quoteo(post=370320:date=May 1 2006, 01:24 PM:name=askjames01)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(askjames01 @ May 1 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]370320[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i think you don't need this --> om";
the line eleven?

i think that is a syntax error.

did you read the installation instruction manual that accompanying the script?
[/quote]

Hi askjames thanks for the reply.. yes its pretty straight forward-I just emailed the script owners and i got a reply email from Prozilla.com (these are not the people that i purchased te script from) telling me that i purchased this script from most likely a script thief. so they cant help me, so i guess i got plowed. the next time i'll know tan to trust really cheaply priced scripts, the funny thing is that i got this script from a vendor in "hotscripts.com's" script list, i automatically thought that it was an ok buy, maybe not.

so its most likely that everyting is wrong with this install, starting with a faulty admin/login password.

know of any reputable script vendors selling affordable recruiting/job board/resume building scripts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.