admin login problem

dhune

Hi everyone

I just purchased a php script and managed to install it "localhost" just fine but when I try to access the main index or admin page I get this message:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\ChefRecruit\conn.php on line 11"

these are te contents of conn.php:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?

$db_host = "localhost";
$db_username = "root";
$db_password = "";
$db_name = "chefrecruit";
$site_name = "CHefRecruit";
$site_title = "ChefRecruit";
$url = "http://localhost/ChefRecruit";

om";

///////////////////////////

$connection = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_username, $db_password) or die(mysql_error());
$db = mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection);

$qset = "select * from job_settings";
$rset = mysql_query($qset) or die(mysql_error());
$aset = mysql_fetch_array($rset);

?>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and line 11 would be this ------> om";

if i eraise this line everyting is fine as far as viewing the main index page or the login page goes, except that that i can't login to the admin page with the password that I was told to use.

I am using Xampp on windows
can anyone help me with this please.

dhune

Guest askjames01
i think you don't need this --> om";
the line eleven?

i think that is a syntax error.

did you read the installation instruction manual that accompanying the script?

[!--quoteo(post=370320:date=May 1 2006, 01:24 PM:name=askjames01)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(askjames01 @ May 1 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]370320[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i think you don't need this --> om";
the line eleven?

i think that is a syntax error.

did you read the installation instruction manual that accompanying the script?
[/quote]

Hi askjames thanks for the reply.. yes its pretty straight forward-I just emailed the script owners and i got a reply email from Prozilla.com (these are not the people that i purchased te script from) telling me that i purchased this script from most likely a script thief. so they cant help me, so i guess i got plowed. the next time i'll know tan to trust really cheaply priced scripts, the funny thing is that i got this script from a vendor in "hotscripts.com's" script list, i automatically thought that it was an ok buy, maybe not.

so its most likely that everyting is wrong with this install, starting with a faulty admin/login password.

know of any reputable script vendors selling affordable recruiting/job board/resume building scripts?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.