.NET

teng84

Hi..

is there anybody here who is using .net. I decided to learn new technology which is dot net so I apply for a new job which is dot net..

any thoughts about the pros and cons of .net.

I will be using all the .net language eg.. c# vb asp etc..

please give some thoughts and maybe a good tutorial (links!)

Hi..

is there anybody here who is using .net. I decided to learn new technology which is dot net so I apply for a new job which is dot net..

heh.. IMO you should be asking about .net in a .net forum. There are plenty of enterprise level applications developed in other open source languages. As for tutorials try http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=.net+tutorials&btnG=Google+Search .

I really like PHP, but there are issues with the PHP market.  For enterprise development, it's really a 2 horse race:  .NET vs. Java.  There are a lot of great things about .NET, and in particular .NET with C# that can make you a very productive developer. 

With that said, .NET pretty much weds you to the microsoft world.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it's something you need to be at peace with going into it.   

For enterprise development, it's really a 2 horse race:  .NET vs. Java.

This does not mean PHP can not be used in enterprise development.  For me, asp.net is designed to run on microsoft and well I am not a big fan of that.  I also am not a big fan of java as it seems it can be very buggy.  For me PHP is more than capable for enterprise development but you see big companies go with .net and java because they are supported by big companies(Microsft and Sun).  I also think PHP gets a bad name from the number of people how say they can program with it and while they can, a lot of them turn on real crap code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.