Help needed please

westminster

Hi someone ple help me im new to php One problem i've got is that i created a form and added an error form called 'NewMember.php' such that if the user submits the form without filling it should send an error message telling them the part of the form that has been left blank. However, it doesnt like this, on cliking the submit button the page displays the whole php code. can someone tell me whats wrong, this's my code:

-->
</style>
</head>
$required = array("FirstName" => "First Name",
"LastName" => "Last Name",
"Email" => "Email Address",
"Password" => "Password",
"SecurityQuestion" => "Security Question";
foreach($required as $field => $label) {
if (!$_POST[$field]) {
$err ,= "Please fill in your $label" <br>";
}
}

</body>
</html>

on clicking the submit button this is what i get shown on the page below:

$required = array("FirstName" => "First Name", "LastName" => "Last Name", "Email" => "Email Address", "Password" => "Password", "SecurityQuestion" => "Security Question"; foreach($required as $field => $label) { if (!$_POST[$field]) { $err ,= "Please fill in your $label"
"; } }

PLS HELP! WHATS WRONG?

hi, thanks for you help. i added the php tags but now it comes up with the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in C:\wamp\www\Westminster_Studentville\NewMember.php on line 24

what should i do? and you mentioned my code is appearing the way it should.can u tell me how it is supposed to appear???

by the by when you say westminster coll in pa, do you mean pa as in pennsylvania, usa? if so, no it's actually westminster university, london.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.