PHP Script beginner

DaveDundeeUK

Hi!

I am working at setting up a new telephone system which can use PHP and ASP scripts. I have never used PHP or ASP and I am unsure about where to start learning how it works.
According to the manufactures of the system, it is quite easy to setup what I need to do so maybe someone could provide some advice and direct me on the steps I need to take to get things up and running. According to the manufactures, it should be easy to setup but of course its only easy if you know how to do it.

The following is the information they have provided to me:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Process user input
This is a setting of the Node edit window and can be activated only if action is "Go to next node by user input" or "Dynamic forward to". Parameters passed to the script (php or asp) are:

USER INPUT: digits typed by the user (parameter name imput)
CALL ID: unique ID of the call (parameter name call_id)
CALLED: called telephone number, it's the selection key of the root node containing the current node (parameter name called)
CALLER: caller telephone number (parameter name caller)
If action is set to "go to next node by user input" the script must return the selection key of a subnode.
If action is set to "dynamic forward to" the script must return:

1 , phone_number_to_call ( if the user input is correct ).
0 (if the user input is not correct and the forward isn't possible).

EXAMPLE 1. (Parameters passed to the script)
The user has to insert only the script name; the parameters are automatically added by IVR!

If the script is "Table.php" the IVR will pass the parameters (in bold parameter_names, in red its values) as shown following:

Table.php?call_ID= call_ID_value(32bit)&calling=caller_party_number(string) &called=called_party_number(string)&input=input_value(string).

If tree key is 0758987452 and the caller (073289748) digits 34 at the current node, IVR will transmit: Table.php?call_ID=FA0329BF&calling=0733289748&called=0758987452&input=34.

If the script is a PHP it will rescue the data with $_GET['parameter_name']

EXAMPLE 2. (Script output)
Sppose the script is Table.php and "dynamic forward to" is active.
The the script output should be like echo "1,065555555"; thatway the IVR will forward the call to 065555555. Absolutely don't send other output before this one, particulary html headers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I am working at setting up a new telephone system which can use PHP and ASP scripts.[/quote]
There both basically the same, pick one or the other.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I am unsure about where to start learning how it works.[/quote]
Your going to need to learn how to program either php or asp. What can I say? Untill you know these, your gonna be kinda stuck.
Without knowing the technoligies involved I really dont understand how your [i]working[/i] on this telephone system. You might need to explain more about what the scripts need to do, but even then, were not here to write code for people. We can help when you get stuck, but a walkthrough it wont be.

You might start at the php [a href=\"http://php.net/manual\" target=\"_blank\"]manual[/a].

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.