max_user_connections

shezz

Hi all, I hope somebody can help me, I keep getting this error :

Database error:

mysql error: User **** has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

mysql error number: 1203

Date: Wednesday 03rd of May 2006 03:43:02 AM

Script: /comments.php?action=post&newsid=861&view=last

Referer:

I am using virtuanews 1.0.4 pro and until yesterday all was well. Now for the whole of yesterday and this morning I get hundreds of e-mails reporting this error.

I e-mailed my host to ask if there was a problem with the MySQL server and he sent me this e-mail back:

Hello,

What do you have running on this domain? Whatever it is, it's not closing the connections to the database correctly, therefore you've hit your mysql connection limit. If you'll notice the connections are all sleeping, which means they're not doing anything.

+-------+------------------+-----------------+--------------------+---------+-------+-------+------------------+
| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
+-------+------------------+-----------------+--------------------+---------+-------+-------+------------------+
| 1634 | ***** | localhost | *****_virtuanews | Sleep | 6808 | | |
| 1873 | ***** | localhost | *****_virtuanews | Sleep | 2296 | | |
| 2030 | ***** | localhost | *****_virtuanews | Sleep | 4878 | | |

and so on for all my allowed sql connections. This meant that all were taken and nobody could view my site. I've heard it could be something to do with pconnect() or something but have searched through the main scripts that my site uses and can't find any pconnect()

Please help as it's ruining the site

Thanks

Regards

maybe your site was under attack.how many visitor ber hour for the last 24 Hr ?max_user_connections means in the same second.maybe your host give thier client a little user connections ask them the number.
check your script.may you use a bad modification make thier on connection to DB.
if you need any help contact me.
Regards,

[!--quoteo(post=371145:date=May 4 2006, 05:16 AM:name=Develop_Sake)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Develop_Sake @ May 4 2006, 05:16 AM) [snapback]371145[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
maybe your site was under attack.how many visitor ber hour for the last 24 Hr ?max_user_connections means in the same second.maybe your host give thier client a little user connections ask them the number.
check your script.may you use a bad modification make thier on connection to DB.
if you need any help contact me.
Regards,
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. The number of active connections I'm allowed by my host is 25. It is possible that I'm under attack from a spammer. Recently a spammer was abusing the comments system so I had to make it registered users only for commenting. It actually only began in this way after I did that, and I think they were using some kind of bot because no sooner had I deleted the crap they were posting, the messages would re-appear. I have just woken up to it again, 158 e-mails saying user *** has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections. I haven't installed any mods except to alter the rdf feed to be RSS 2.0 compatible...could that be it?

Also I only get around 250 uniques per day so it's not being overloaded.

Thanks for your help

[UPDATE] Problem solved, searched scripts for sql_pconnect() and changed it to sql_connect()[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Thanks for your help[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.