403 forbidden (no permission to access /) when trying from outside local

Hi all, I really hope someone can help me out with this. 

I have both a Liferay running on Tomcat and a WAMP installation on a single Windows Server 2003 image.  I had to put WAMP on port 8080 (for now), because Liferay is using port 80.

So, everything works GREAT with wamp when I view http://localhost:8080, however when I view http://whatever.my.ip.is:8080, I get Forbidden! You don't have permission to access / on this server.

It's not a firewall issue, as I've had the ports opened for this computer, so I'm totally stuck.

Again, perfect execution from localhost, but even ON localhost, going to ip:8080 gives me access forbidden.

Anyone have any ideas?  I would be extremely grateful.

-Ed

even changing the startup port for WAMP to 80, which I know for a fact is open (considering I was just using it), and shutting down the Liferay server doesn't change anything.

So WAMP, all alone by itself runs perfectly from localhost, but when I access it by IP I get nothing but permission denied.

Hi there,

You need to click on WAMP icon. Open Alias, click on phpmyadmin alias. On the bottom where it says "deny all" you need to put "allow all" (or you can put IP's which you want to allow).

The security on new WAMP is pretty high, this is the reson why it's setup like that. Also you need to put your Apache server ONline.

Regards.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.