Is WYSIWYG on the internet possible with PhP?

cstegner

I have a new site idea I am working on and 90% of the site is going to be messaging. So I want this feature to be as nice and simple as possible however very powerful.

So here is my question, is it possible to script something with PHP for messaging that when they type text they could highlight the text click the bold button and the text appears bold, etc? Like a WYSIWYG editor for website messages?

If so where are some good resources (I have searched), if not what is the next best thing and where are some resources.

Thanks as always
-Chris

Wild thank you very much.

I am at work now so I can't even view the demo through there firewall, but this looks like it might be perfect for my application.

Questions before I even see the demo haha. I was reading thier wiki and this seems like such an easy script to implement.

Basically you put there code instead of a text area input. Wow how smart. now here is my question. How does the person on the other side that recieevs the message view it. How do you pull the text back into the FCKeditor?

Would you just stick the variable that is holding the saved text right into the default text line of there code?

thansk for any help. This looks liek it will be PERFECT!!!

You may also want to try out SPAW, much like FCKeditor although FCKeditor looks like it has more features so SPAW might not be a better option but just another script you may want to check out before you make the decision... [a href=\"http://sourceforge.net/projects/spaw/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://sourceforge.net/projects/spaw/[/a]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.