about photoshop

Ninjakreborn

I started on my website, I have created a logo in .psd but when I create an image link, it doesn't show up, I imported it into fireworks, and changed it to jpg, because photoshop wouldn't let me, then I could see it, but for some reason it looks pixelated, and of bad quality, I will admit I just recently started using photoshop, I don't want to be a graphic designer, but I am trying to learn enough to do.
logo's, backgrounds when needed, banners when needed, and general photo manipulation, I have learnt a lot just working with my logo, but I ran into this problem. Thanks. and a .psd file is so heavy, it is going to cramp up my web page's load time, and that is somethign I definitely don't want, as with .jpg, .bmp(i don't like using this), and .gif(don't much care for this either), it doesn't do that. Even in fireworks a .swf file(that and flash) even have a less of a size that the .psd, what should I do with this, to still retain the quality you can only get from photoshop.

[b]MAJOR EDIT- I have completely fixed the problem. I was unable to switch it to jpg, and other types of formats because I had the rgb set too high up to be able to get that format. I lowered the rgb, and .jpg, and all the other familiar ones appeared there. Thanks.[/b]

That was extremely helpful, it's too late on those images, I loaded them up already, and already optimized them in photoshop, I but I extremely thankful for this tip, this will help me a lot, if you have any more advice, tips I would appreciate it, that is somethign I would not have realized for a few months,.

[!--quoteo(post=371343:date=May 4 2006, 01:55 PM:name=cmgmyr)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(cmgmyr @ May 4 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]371343[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] You should also try .png I've noticed that those files have the best quality on websites. [/quote]

Aye, PNG is beautiful - but stupid IE doesn't do PNG transparency/opacity. Gotta love IE.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]it allways shows a big X until ...[/quote]
The only types of image you can display are image types supported by browsers (big surprise:)) .gif,.jpg, and - with some browsers .png

there is also a right and wrong time to use certain file types. .jpg should be used for photographs or high resolution images, .gif should be used for images with less colors and gradients. I've never really worked with .png, I prefer to use .gif.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.