load from text doc

vixtran

Hello all.. I was wondering if there was a way to load different paragraphs say 5 or 10 to different pages using a text document. I am pretty new to php and have read alot, but seem to be missing something. I can get the whole doc to load of course, but cant seem to get it to stop where I want.

thanks in advance!

Assuming you are not using word docs or anything that use their own formatting, you can read the files with php. Set up identifiers within the file so your script can find the different sections. And then echo the contents back

I found this tut useful:
[a href=\"http://www.tizag.com/phpT/fileread.php\" target=\"_blank\"]File Reading Tut[/a]

thanks for the reply.. I read that doc and yes it was very helpful. I am using a txt doc, but I guess the problem I am having is the identifiers within the doc. I cant seem to get them to display without displaying them all or just the ones below them..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.