Moderators Review

GameYin

How often/good do you think the moderators are at keeping control and flow of this forum?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How often/good do you think the moderators are at keeping control and flow of this forum?

• 10 Stars (Best Moderators ever)
    • 9 Stars (Extremely good.)
    • 8 Stars (Equal to other forums. Still good!)
    • 7 Stars (7/10 performance.
    • 6 Stars (Good moderators. Room for improvement though)
    • 5 Stars (Eh Moderators)
    • 4 Stars (Bad moderators)
    • 3 Stars (One of the worst moderators ever)
    • 2 Stars (Pretty horrible. Needs help)
    • 1 Stars (Worthless and horrible)

Our moderators are always here to provide us with helpful tips and code problem support. They also help with errors such as report to moderators link that is broken. How would you rate our current moderators. If you vote for anything less then a perfect 10/10 then state your reason/improvement ideas.

Mod's replying to posts that are in the wrong forum, but not moving the post to the right forum.

Mod's moving the posts to the right forum but not telling the author it was moved and also not leaving a MOVED topic so they can at least see that it moved.

Mod's replying to posts with smart ass answers instead of helping the OP.

I have been a Mod at IGN for 4 years, so I can say Yes, I do know what its like to see the same questions day after day.  If you don't want to be a Mod, then don't be one (not directed at anyone, it's just a general statement).

And revraz, you say there is room for improvement - can you identify any specifics?

I wish I could change my vote.  Here's a reply I got from an admin recently to a thread asking a simple question:

1) We're not going to give you the data

2) We'll find out if you decide to just take it

3) Why would you duplicate the information?  That seems inefficient when someone can just come here and search or post their own question.

The whole idea seems like a waste of time.

I don't see how that's going to get anyone anywhere.  It was a simple question.

I wish I could change my vote.  Here's a reply I got from an admin recently to a thread asking a simple question:

1) We're not going to give you the data

2) We'll find out if you decide to just take it

3) Why would you duplicate the information?  That seems inefficient when someone can just come here and search or post their own question.

The whole idea seems like a waste of time.

I don't see how that's going to get anyone anywhere.  It was a simple question.

I agree 100% with the admins on that topic. As an admin myself, I would definitely not be giving out that type of info.  IF you want to create this site, you will have to do what they posted in your post and create it yourself.  There would be a definate security question going through the heads of the forum members as to what info they are giving out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.