Photo

Tried everything, no go, don't know what is wrong, help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ryan031385

ryan031385
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:12 PM

Ok I have a somewhat complex site and am having major issues with the main pages news submission as well as comments for the news. Everything works fine sometimes, this is what I find weird, however in my control panel I made, when you submit a too long of article or perhaps not even a long one but one that something isnt liking the code still runs but the mysql_query to add the new article just isnt processing and it is not adding the article, people are losing it they are typing out 5 paragraph articles and bam it loses it all, what do I do, I have NO idea what is wrong here any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this quickly!

#2 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:17 PM

- is the database field that holds this information large enough?

- is the table out of ids?

- is the disk space full?

- is the max post data setting in the php.ini large enough?

- are you using persistent connections?
Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

#3 ryan031385

ryan031385
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:30 PM

database, used largetext , table is not out of id\'s , i own the server there is 60gb\'s and 1 is used, the max is set to 8M i take it that is 8mb\'s connections are new connections for everything , it works just certain times it wont for post that have something in them that is just throwing everything off and this needs to be resolved ASAP!

#4 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 16 August 2003 - 02:36 AM

if possible, try changing the code to display it on screen instead of inserting in the database. if no problems occur, then we know it is the database. otherwise it could be a web server or network setting, or a configuration issue.

is mysql.max_persistent (in php.ini) set large enough?
does the webserver setup: (a) allow enough connections? (B) have a large enough timeout set © kill a child process quickly enough.
Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

#5 ryan031385

ryan031385
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:12 AM

Ya the php side is perfect I have never had this prob before, I have the news part on the database as LONGTEXT too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users