Tried everything, no go, don't know what is wrong, help!

ryan031385

Ok I have a somewhat complex site and am having major issues with the main pages news submission as well as comments for the news. Everything works fine sometimes, this is what I find weird, however in my control panel I made, when you submit a too long of article or perhaps not even a long one but one that something isnt liking the code still runs but the mysql_query to add the new article just isnt processing and it is not adding the article, people are losing it they are typing out 5 paragraph articles and bam it loses it all, what do I do, I have NO idea what is wrong here any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this quickly!

- is the database field that holds this information large enough?

- is the table out of ids?

- is the disk space full?

- is the max post data setting in the php.ini large enough?

- are you using persistent connections?

database, used largetext , table is not out of id\'s , i own the server there is 60gb\'s and 1 is used, the max is set to 8M i take it that is 8mb\'s connections are new connections for everything , it works just certain times it wont for post that have something in them that is just throwing everything off and this needs to be resolved ASAP!

if possible, try changing the code to display it on screen instead of inserting in the database. if no problems occur, then we know it is the database. otherwise it could be a web server or network setting, or a configuration issue.

is mysql.max_persistent (in php.ini) set large enough?

does the webserver setup: (a) allow enough connections? (B) have a large enough timeout set © kill a child process quickly enough.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.