help me please!!

koolkael

hi i have done some websites in html though inee dto learn how to do php because myu gaming clan needs a website i have very little knowlege on coding most of my websites have been done on front page or dreamweaver in design veiw so dont know much about coding only time needed to use coding was to paste a code for a shoutbox and that was simple any way i desperatly want to know php i am a college student and mainly want too use it for making a website for my clan and another website for a good friend is any one here good on php and would be greatfil enoght to just even tell me the first steps into php please i beg thank you ver much!

my old clan website is this www.clan-mdf.co.uk

Check out the tutorials here on www.PHPFreaks.com

Also take a look over at www.php.net.

You'll also need some sort of way to store the information. I would suggest MySQL for the Database.

We cant really show you how to do it but we can try and point you in the right direction. If you do start coding, we can try and help if you find issues/bugs etc with your code

:)

Books I loved when I started to learn PHP were(and are) Visual Quickstart Guides to PHP 2nd Edition and Visual Quickstart Guide to PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Websites. If the ISBNs are needed I can go look for the books.

First step start from the tutorial of this site (for exemple) and try to customize the code for your own needs. Read read read and start from making small blocks of code and go bigger...
No easy way from my experience !
christos

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.