MSSQL Queries

MVSS

Ok,

So i am running MySQL and i have created a wep page that queries my db and shows me the results. No problem. But now i have a firend who wants the same but is running MSSQL.

I want too know is their any simple way in MSSQL too recrate the code below so i can perform the same tasks? If so how? Also how would one format it into individual rows?

Any help is much appreciated

[code]
<?

$username="user";
$password="pass";
$database="db";

//Connect too the database
mysql_connect(localhost,$username,$password);
@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database");
$query="SELECT * FROM archives ORDER BY id ASC";
$result=mysql_query($query);
$num=mysql_numrows($result);

mysql_close();

echo "<b><center>Database Output</center></b><br><br>";

if ($num>5) {
$to=5;
}else{
$to=$num;
}

$i=0;
while ($i < $to) {

$content=mysql_result($result,$i,"content");

echo "<b>$content</b>";

$i++;
}

?>
[/code]

P.S Yes i realise that it's very simple and unformatted. But it serves it's purpose. And is on a closed network so having the user & pass in plain text isn't a problem :)

Also i dont want too setup ODBC or FreeTDS, (webserver accessing the MSSQL db is on a seprate pc running debian and MSSQL is running on a win2k3 box)

Cheers!

Keep in mind that you'll have to enable the mssql extension in php.ini.

Changing between the 2 is very simple, however. Just change all the function calls to mssql_query (for example) instead of mysql_query. Also keep in mind that you won't have access to things like LIMIT/mysql_error().

• 10 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.