Forum Site

I hope it comes back soon. I was reading a tutorial yesterday on regex.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/52/0.php

I really want to read threw that again.  :P

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,127902.0.html

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.  PHP Freaks is my main source for PHP information.  I'm not quite sure where to find all that information now, short of posting a question for every little question I have ....

http://www.google.com/search?q=php

The site creator discovered vulnerabilities that he didn't have time to fix immediately, so he decided to lock it down until he finds time to get it fixed. Which, I should add, might be indefinitely.

Is there no way that the articles/tutorials can be published to PDF, and made available for download?  or just flat html for that matter?  There is no way to still access any of them?

HTTP/1.x 301 Moved Permanently

Hey phpfreak You better not leave that 301 redirect for too long.

Search engines will not not like it and you may lose some of your pages in the Google SERPS.

Google has already assigned this website "sitelinks" 

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=phpfreaks&btnG=Google+Search

Those links under the your listing. Those may be lost also.

301 redirect is like playing with fire...bad things can happen.

It sucks but for some reason, people love to attack this site. Therefore, the main site is going to remain off line until someone redevelops it, which judging by my schedule, will not be me.

We have removed all files from the DocumentRoot only leaving the forums behind. We have also modified all permissions on the forums to tighten security.

Sorry folks, but these hackers are having too much fun at the expense of a FREE community. It's disappointing.

Regards,

We are planning to bring the main site back online eventually.  We need to do a rewrite on it and the plans are already forming around that.  I don't know if I agree with taking that forum down, but we could possibly lock it so no one can post there.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize but as a forums only website, these place wont be able to compete with the others out there.

I always recommended this site to anyone for php tutorials and help, but with the main area not being up anymore I wont be able to do that.....

I guess until this situation is reversed I myself will be going elsewhere, shutting down the site was not a good move, there are plenty of people who'd be willing to help with what used to be a dare I say the best site around.

I'll be keeping an eye here though as I love this site and would hate for it to just disappear, the tutorials here were second to none, plus the help from all the great people was what made this site the best.

Please don't let this be permanent

shutting down the site was not a good move

There were two options: Shut down the site, and leave the site up. In this situation, shutting it down happened to be the best move possible.

Please don't let this be permanent

We're working on it, but everybody is going to have to be patient - we'll let you know as the situation changes.

Ok I'll be patient as long as I know its coming back for sure.

Just with how great this place is, its very upsetting, to lose here, I was having a lot around actually :'( and nothing even came close to phpfreaks forums alone so....

so I'd be staying here anyhow no matter what I guess, even if you didn't bring the site part back..... you guys helped me out majorly when I was just starting php, so seeing what seemed to be the start of this site falling was very upsetting and I am very hugely relieved you guys aren't abandoning this site like I first thought

I've also been reading back through this and seen I was a little jumpy, I apologize, but like everyone else I was just upset and seeing a large part of phpfreaks gone

Hope everything goes well and I am now waiting patiently and continuing to use the forums, PHPFreaks rock