help first time php

koolkael

i have done quite a few website in html in dreamweaver and fron page though i am always using design veiw
because im not very good with coding does php invovolve coding i need some one who is godd with php and will just tell me the easy and fatest way to learn php i tried once though i couldnt see what my website actually looked like i am realy confused i tried hosting a php sit though it was really complicated with the databases and that can some one please just even give me the starting tips into php plaese because ineed php to do a gaming website because u can use it for alot more things please help

i suggest you go out and buy yourself a php tutorial book. php in easy steps is a pretty good book that teaches the basics of php. it's really cheap and easy to understand.

[a href=\"http://www.ineasysteps.com/books/details/?1840782072\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.ineasysteps.com/books/details/?1840782072[/a]

well you aren't really gonna find a wysiwyg php editor like dreamweaver or frontpage does html. there are plenty of premade scripts out there for all kinds of stuff so you can get around learning the finer points of php but you are still going to have to take the time to learn the basics so that you can integrate it into your site.

You can download and install PHP and Apache on your computer to test your scripts and you can use a text editor or something like PHP Developer 2005 or 2006 to develop the code. But yes, you'll need a host that has PHP on it to run PHP scripts.

THANKS PHP FREAKS YOU ARE THE BEST YOU HAVE GAVE ME A KICK START IN PHP DESIGN AND WHEN MY WEBSITES ARE UP AND RUNNIN I WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TOO LINK TOO YOU THANKS ALOT !!!

THOUGH ONE LAST QUESTION CANT FIND IIS ON MY PC CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME HELP[ AND WHAT I SHOULD DO THANK YOU PHHP FREAKS : )

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.