• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eric07

eric07
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

I want to retrive variables from a URL which I assign to PHP variables ($_Request which I have done) - and I just want to update the set of record with this information (MySQL database) which I am having trouble with I also want it to exe as soon as the URL send this data without having to use submit button (executes straight away) and that will go back to another page.

1. Is this possible and where can I find some examples.

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

not sure i get you. what do you mean by sending the data without using the submit button?
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 eric07

eric07
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

[!--quoteo(post=371397:date=May 4 2006, 06:12 PM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ May 4 2006, 06:12 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
not sure i get you. what do you mean by sending the data without using the submit button?
[/quote]

yes without the submit button - i want to update a records as soons as the page is accessed. The information that it is to be update with is sent through URL.

#4 Prismatic

Prismatic
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

[!--quoteo(post=371611:date=May 5 2006, 12:14 PM:name=kim08)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kim08 @ May 5 2006, 12:14 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
yes without the submit button - i want to update a records as soons as the page is accessed. The information that it is to be update with is sent through URL.
[/quote]

This should get you going :) Not sure if the or die() will work in the if statment, if not, just remove it :)

<?php

$Name = $_GET['name'];
$Location = $_GET['location'];

$Query = "UPDATE users SET location = '$Location' WHERE name = '$Name'"
if(mysql_query($Query) or die(mysql_error())
{
    echo "Query successfully executed";
}
else
{
    echo "Query failed";
}
?>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users