Help with PHP & MySql for PayPal

lordcupid

I need a script that will allow my customers to enter an item number (only) from a catalogue and then click on "Add to Cart" which takes them to PayPal's add to cart system.

I would like the script to read from a database (i.e. MySql, Excel or Text file).

Item Number: [____________] (Add to cart)
^ customer enters item number in a form field then click "add to cart button"

I have setup a MySql database with the following fields: "item_number", "item_name" & "item_amount" (not even 100% sure if i did it correct). I imported my items list into the database and it looks proper.

I am very new to MySql (took me 2 1/2 days to get my database to what it is now) and I'm worse with PHP scripts. Please help me.

If anyone can help, please email me at : thelordcupid@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

[!--quoteo(post=371596:date=May 5 2006, 11:27 AM:name=lordcupid)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(lordcupid @ May 5 2006, 11:27 AM) [snapback]371596[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I need a script that will allow my customers to enter an item number (only) from a catalogue and then click on "Add to Cart" which takes them to PayPal's add to cart system.

I would like the script to read from a database (i.e. MySql, Excel or Text file).
Item Number: [____________] (Add to cart)
^ customer enters item number in a form field then click "add to cart button"

I have setup a MySql database with the following fields: "item_number", "item_name" & "item_amount" (not even 100% sure if i did it correct). I imported my items list into the database and it looks proper.

I am very new to MySql (took me 2 1/2 days to get my database to what it is now) and I'm worse with PHP scripts. Please help me.

If anyone can help, please email me at : thelordcupid@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Download the oscommerce package. It will give u a fair idea of what needs to be done.
oscommerce.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.