Grooming Site

e1seix

Hi all,

OK, so I know I've made myself very unwelcome on this forum at stages asking for constant help with the programming (lol).

But I'm at a stage now where I'm happy with the coding and the content/database of the site, but there's just something about the layout and coloring that I'm getting frustrated about.

To drag it away from good old black and white I have started to use This lovely baby blue color (#99ccff) and I do want to contrast it with this color (#ccccff).

In general, has anyone any opinions. I welcome critique as much as the other as I want to get it right. The layout, the content, the features.

Any thoughts people?

Many thanks,

The colours don't look too bad, but I do feel the ccccff is a little too close to the baby blue to offer much contrast. Maybe go with the reddish colour you use for the hovers instead of the ccccff.

The "Fragrance", "Skincare", etc text isn't centered in the boxes.

Now for the "Any thoughts people" part....when I open the site and see the young shirtless fellow I get the impression that this is a site for young gay men. Nothing wrong with that  - especially if that's your target audience.

baby blue doesn't strike me as a 'guy' colour, except maybe really sensitive males :)

more seriously, the front page text turns me right off as soon as I see the site proclaim "We list the cheapest ...". I don't like cheap stuff. Inexpensive is good, cheap is nasty. Perhaps in context 'best-priced' beats cheap.

Well I did ask for it! lol

I agree with the baby blue and shirtless male approach, but with an advertising campaign in the works - pink pound will be my target audience at first.

any good tips as to where i can find decent articles about website layout and do's and do nots. there's hundreds on the net i know, but any that you would recommend above others...

many thanks,

pink pound

Okay...I'll ask.  What is "pink pound"?

My guess would be pounding vagina.

The kids are usually in school this time of day.

I saw a bad word. Uh Oh.

And ya I think the site needs a nice professional layout design, otherwise it functions well, and seems like it does what it needs to.

i'd like to throw this in there.  use a basic 3 column layout.  i don't like the way yout "border=3" doubles to 6 when they touch, and your right and center bar should go all the way down to the bottom bar.  just google search "3 colum layout" and you'll find it at the top of the list

i've done yours, can you do mine?

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,184753.0.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.