Test layout

SharkBait

Hi,

Take a peek over at: www.tingram.ca

I'm just quickly through it together wihle it rains outside. Don't both validating its XHTML because I know its broken in places ;)

I just want feedback on design/feel

Pretty much at the moment its a shell :)

Thanks

In places? Unclosed tags are easily avoided-it's a ridiculously amateur mistake, I have to say.
As for you're look, it's really kinda plain. I mean, it's not bad or anything-it just seems as though it could use something more. Also, you're using tables for a layout that is easily done in CSS, which is really a bad thing to do overall.

[!--quoteo(post=371863:date=May 6 2006, 12:40 PM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ May 6 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]371863[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
In places? Unclosed tags are easily avoided-it's a ridiculously amateur mistake, I have to say.
As for you're look, it's really kinda plain. I mean, it's not bad or anything-it just seems as though it could use something more. Also, you're using tables for a layout that is easily done in CSS, which is really a bad thing to do overall.
[/quote]

I've always had troubles with laying out columns in CSS and make them look right in all the browsers without having to do multple style sheets.

My divs never seem to line up properly

I guess I can keep trying to use pure css column layouts. I know tables is the old way of doing it..

*sigh*

Hi

Not a bad design and layout is nice and clear, howver needs more content though.

But I see you are using inline CSS which is not good. I would recommend you move all your inline CSS to an external style sheet and use ids and classes to style you tags. That way you whole site appearance can be changed from just one external stylesheet.

Also I would recommend you to have a look at [a href=\"http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/\" target=\"_blank\"]this site[/a] as it has a whole load of CSS templates. [a href=\"http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala07.html\" target=\"_blank\"]Layout 7[/a] is more what you're looking for. Download it and have a play with the CSS to see how they have managed to do that layout in CSS. There is also a dynmic version of Lyaout 7 which is [a href=\"http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/LayoutGala01.html\" target=\"_blank\"]layout 1[/a] if you reseize you web browser you'll notice the layout changes in size.

Its ok - the dark gray is not a great choice - it sets a sombre tone to your website.

To do that layout in CSS - it is simple out - especially as you are using fixed widths. Tables are gone - and for a reason too - they are slow.

Also as wildteen pointed out - you have tons of inline styles - put them into your external css - this external file is cached on the client and will speed up your website.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.