Registration Problem

borgleader

Hi,

I am not good enough with PHP to write my own scripts and all. So, I decided that I'd use PHP-Nuke, and maybe add some of my own blocks later on when I'm confortable enough with PHP. But you see, I can't get the registration to work. Everything else is working perfect except that. When someone registers, the confirmation e-mail isn't sent out. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

[!--quoteo(post=371917:date=May 6 2006, 08:09 PM:name=Richard181)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Richard181 @ May 6 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]371917[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Look up some tutorial on mailing.. do something basic.. and see if is works.. then look at the code and see whats missing ..

[b]Edit by neylitalo: Please refrain from using all caps in your posts. Thanks![/b]
[/quote]
Well, you see. I've looked in a LOT of places to find an answer, and I have failed so far. Besides, my PHP skills are very poor. Secondly, I don't think that replacing a piece of the PHP-Nuke package is a vey good idea seriously.

I've tried the "Approve Membership" module. The "No mail activation hack" trick. Some other trick on replacing some code in a file from the Your_Account folder (found that post on another forum). None, of thses worked, and they were all supposed to.

[!--quoteo(post=371932:date=May 6 2006, 09:26 PM:name=High_-_Tek)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(High_-_Tek @ May 6 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]371932[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
PHP Nuke standard sucks, Ive been using / hacking it (modding it) for the past 3 years.

Try PHP Nuke Evolution ... it's basically a re-written Nuke which is more security, features, and useability.

www.nuke-evolution.com

;)
[/quote]
Will the addons found on PHP-Nuke file websites be compatible with it? Per say GoogleWebsearch, ... ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.