PHP Application Form

radman

I am building a student application that will go online.  I do not have the resources to pay someone to build it for me so I am learning as I go.  I have my form built.  It is 6 pages long with a final page to submit the form.  The way I have it set up right now is I have a database that each pages content submits to.  One of my problems right now is that each page starts a new line in my table so if I have one person with one username filling out the application all of his/her data will be spread out into 6 different fields inside my table.  I want to have the entire form fill in one single line in my table not 6 or 7.  How can I do that?  I thought of using a session variable (ie username) to have all the data enter into the same place but I don't know how to do that.  Is there a way?  If not is there a way that each page submitted can post a session variable (ie username) so that when it comes time to collect and submit the info it will be easy to call all 6 pages into one place?

Second issue.  When the application is finished I want, when the submit button is hit, to collect all of the info entered by the one applicant to all come into one place, be formatted and e-mailed to 2-3 e-mail addresses in neat order.  How is that possible?  I know it is because I have had someone say they can do it (for a price out of my budget).  Any help would be good.

Thanks,

RADMAN

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.