• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 philippryce

philippryce
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:57 PM

i need to find out how to change my mysql mode from strict, i have no idea how, any ideas?

#2 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:24 PM

[a href=\"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-sql-mode.html\" target=\"_blank\"]This refman page[/a] has all the details you need.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#3 philippryce

philippryce
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

i've tryed that and dont understand most of it, the select doesnt work even on root login and the set doesnt work ether.
any help/way to do it other than using querys?

#4 philippryce

philippryce
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

any one? what can i do to change the mode?

#5 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

[!--quoteo(post=372449:date=May 8 2006, 05:53 PM:name=philip pryce)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(philip pryce @ May 8 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i've tryed that and dont understand most of it, the select doesnt work even on root login and the set doesnt work ether.
any help/way to do it other than using querys?
[/quote]
I don't know what to tell you -- the select can't not work in MySQL 5, or even 4.1 for that matter. You can _always_ set the session modes, though you can, in principle, add a "sql-mode" line to your my.cnf file, though I haven't ever tried.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users