gif: bouncing lettered balls, what software?

jasonc

I am wanting to buy/use software to enable me to create gif files that has bouncing balls with different letters on each ball.

can anyone suggest something they may have used.

I have tried to create them using paintshoppro, but this would involve creating each letter seperately, is there something that i can use where i change the text and the programe does the rest?

not sure if i am making myself clear on this.

hope someone knows what i mean, if not ask and i will try to discribe it better.

thank you

You could write a PHP script to generate them, depends your PHP skill level and on their complexity though I guess, if you want them 3D looking and stuff - would be a pain in the arse getting the shadows and curvature of the lettering right. Flat 2D balls should be faurly simple though.

what !? omg i can't believe nobody mentioned [!--sizeo:5--][span style=\"font-size:18pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]FLASH
[!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

isn't that the painfully obvious choice? i thought it would have been a common sense response, like, "gee, what program should i use to edit a .jpg file?" and then everybody and their moms mentioning something about photoshop or paintshop pro.

jasonc - macromedia flash. You can make your little ball and make it look 3d or however you want it to look. your imagination is the limit. Then on a seperate layer you can make a dynamic text field, where you can make it display whatever letter you want. you can group these 2 layers into a single multilayered symbol and make it bounce up and down or left and right or whatever you want it to do, with flash's built in actionscripting language.

you can even use the actionscript loadvar function to get data from an external source and put that data into your dynamic text field.....like.... PHP or javascript!

flash is the shiznit. it's what all the hip and cool people have. get it. get it now.

[!--quoteo(post=372458:date=May 8 2006, 06:45 PM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ May 8 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]372458[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
You aren't going to find something to make that easy, and you shouldn't; it's really just not very good design technique.
[/quote]
since when is making your content dynamic not a very good design technique?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.