Creating an Employment form

Linc

Hey everyone,

I'm getting ready to develop a set of employment application forms, and I've been thinking about I'm going to be handling the information across the different pages (the main contact info, education, references, etc), and I wanted to see if anyone out here has developed something like this before (or you're just naturally a smart person and know the answer). Right now, I was wondering if I should just keep everything as session variables and then run a transaction on the DB to make sure everything gets put in ok (the data's going to be split into about 7 tables I think), but I was concerned with the size the sessions would start to take up, so I'm hoping there's a better way.

Have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The best way to go about this is to insert parts of the record as you go along. So you're actually storing it into the database. Then when you get to the end of the forms, you set a column to 1... (initially setting this to 0). So if someone exists the form early, you know it because that field will be 0. Then whenever a full set of forms does get submitted (or someone starts a new one), just run a simple script to delete everything out of the database that has a 0 in that field. You're also going to want to check a date field, because to concurrent sessions could delete one or the other.

I hope that makes sense.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.