how to display image in a round rectangle

isaac_cm

[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]I saw some site that display images in a round rectangle instead of ordinary sharp rectangle any one know how to do that with scripts, I do not want of course to modify every image I have to be inside rounded frame

thanks[!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

The best way to achieve this is to do it with a graphics editor or with CSS (using some tricky methods found on alistapart.com or with the new CSS method which you won't find supported until the next level of CSS is supported in browsers).

Either way, I don't think this is a PHP question any longer and Javascript certainly won't help you. I will leave it open, but I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you with a PHP solution.

If you made a script like that, you could probably sell it. But how often are you going to have an image behind an entire object area? Most often you're going to have 2 images... one that is at the top of a block that has the top 2 edges rounded and then another image that handles the bottom.

Unless you setup the script to do a variety of options, I don't think that's a good idea. Plus, you're dealing with image quality and so on. This would be much easier to handle in an image editor.

EDIT: also, the OP is talking about rounding the edges of something like a DIV.... which isn't an image to begin with.

This is quickly becoming a non PHP issue. Convince me otherwise or this will quickly be moved/closed.

[!--quoteo(post=372602:date=May 9 2006, 03:12 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ May 9 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]372602[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
If you made a script like that, you could probably sell it.
[/quote]

Now there's a challenge. Got my thinking cap on.

[!--quoteo(post=372842:date=May 10 2006, 08:12 AM:name=Barand)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Barand @ May 10 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]372842[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Now there's a challenge. Got my thinking cap on.
[/quote]
Well there is such a script! Its called [b]Nifty Courners[/b] and requires no images and a small amount of CSS! Its done by javascript. The javascript does all the work for you.

[div align=\"center\"][!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--][a href=\"http://www.html.it/articoli/nifty/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"]Nifty Couners[/a][!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--][/div]

I think I might have a little play with this later, oh and its free.

If you want to do in pure CSS then take [a href=\"http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=rounded+corners+in+CSS&meta=&btnG=Google+Search\" target=\"_blank\"]your pic here[/a] for whole load of articles/tutorials on doing so.

How about a php class to acomplish that

[a href=\"http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2681.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2681.html[/a]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]With PhpMyBorder you can add round corner borders. The first version of PhpMyBorder generates round corner images (gifs) 'on the fly' and caches them to improve performance. The newest version of PhpMyBorder creates the round border effect by CSS2 (without any images at all). The newest version also support raised and shadowed borders.[/quote]

Lite...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.