DVD+RW Dual Layer

ober

Anyone ever see these being sold?  I can find DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, and even DVD+RW 4.7Gb variety... but I need the DVD+RW 8.5Gb (Dual Layer) variety.

I can't seem to find anyone selling them.  If all else fails I'll just buy a pack of DVD+Rs, but that sucks.

I may be wrong, but I refuse to be disproved by an unreliable source.

I always like to see a proper amount of skepticism, but skepticism should also include a certain amount of research, and it appears that the article in question is using perfectly reliable information. That Wikipedia article happened to link to a document hosted on the Philips website that seems to indicate that the specifications for a DVD+RW DL media were written in December 2006, and I dare say that the Philips website is a reliable source.

ober: Wherever you may happen to find them, prepare to pay a pretty penny. (I like alliteration... "prepare to pay a pretty penny".) The last time I checked, DL discs were up to $10 apiece, and I'm sure that the RW feature adds considerably to that.

I always like to see a proper amount of skepticism, but skepticism should also include a certain amount of research, and it appears that the article in question is using perfectly reliable information. That Wikipedia article happened to link to a document hosted on the Philips website that seems to indicate that the specifications for a DVD+RW DL media were written in December 2006, and I dare say that the Philips website is a reliable source.

Okay, I withdraw my original comment. But in response to this I have to say that "a link somewhere on the document" is not the same as a reference and citation. And therefore, the actual contents of the article are neither coordinated nor cited with such links, making the article nothing but void.

Ober: What about Blu-ray discs? They hold up to 50 gigs. Sure they cost a crap load now, but it'll pay off with the amount of data you store on it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.