• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:33 AM

In the forum, under my name, location etc... there is a small bar graph showing warn (%0) [][][][][]. No one else seems to have this, why do I?

Is it because I can be a little outspoken at times? Are the mods watching me? :)

#2 AndyB

AndyB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:50 AM

No worries. Everybody has those. I assume the reason you see only yours is that you are neither a moderator or admin.

Legend has it that reading the manual never killed anyone.
My site

#3 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:14 AM

Ah cool. So... we all have them, but can only see our own unless we are a mod etc. Cool. Bit paranoid.... never noticed it before. ( and I know I can get a little hot headed at times)

#4 gizmola

gizmola
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA USA

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:54 AM

[!--quoteo(post=373148:date=May 10 2006, 06:14 PM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ May 10 2006, 06:14 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ah cool. So... we all have them, but can only see our own unless we are a mod etc. Cool. Bit paranoid.... never noticed it before. ( and I know I can get a little hot headed at times)
[/quote]

It's a mechanism for group moderation that can eventually lead to automatic banning. When we have trouble with someone we can as mods raise their warning level. If it gets to 100% the person gets a ban.

You can sleep easy, as your warn level is 0% -- you have never had a warning issued. When you do you recieve a PM, and the mod usually explains why they issued you the warning.

#5 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:47 AM

[!--quoteo(post=373148:date=May 11 2006, 02:14 AM:name=thorpe)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thorpe @ May 11 2006, 02:14 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
You've never noticed it before as that feature was only switched on the other day...

#6 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

And actually gizmola, thorpe did have his warn level adjusted at one point. If you click on the 0 in the parenthesis, you can see the log.

Info: PHP Manual

#7 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,017 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

I'm glad to see that Thorpe's % was restored to 0%. Reckon someone went a bit OTT issuing that in the first place. RTFM is pretty standard and well known abbreviation, Ive even known our admins use WTF

If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

#8 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:13 AM

I am responsible for the warn level. i enabled it to allow members to see what warning they were at, and you can click it to see your entire, lifetime, warn log. when warns were raised and why, and when they were lowered and why. Only an admin or moderator can see everyone elses, and you can only see your own. this was more to help you out, because some mods will warn you and not tell you what about. so now you can see what your doing wrong and fix it so you dont get in futher trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users