PHP Redirect Help

Wallboy

Alright I have an affiliate site and I'm trying to cloak my affiliate links by using a PHP redirect. So basically my script takes the following info redirect.php?sku=EXAMPLE and then goes into a database and finds the SKU number and then grabs the actual link in that row and sends the user there. Here's what I have so far.

<?php

$dblink = mysql_connect("localhost","username", "pwd") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());

mysql_select_db("database");

$result = mysql_query("select * from tablename where sku='$sku'") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());

$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);

$link = $row["link"];

mysql_query("update tablename set clicks=clicks+1 where sku='$sku'");

header("Location: $link");

mysql_free_result($result);

mysql_close($dblink);

?>

Now I have a few test fields I added to the database to test it out before I import my actual data to it. The three fields I have in my database are sku, link, and clicks(I'm also trying to monitor the clicks on that link which isn't working either).

Currently the script just brings me to a blank page. If I change the header line to an explicit link such as

header("Location: http://www.example.com/");

It goes to that domain. So whats wrong in the script? Thanks!

<?php

$dblink = mysql_connect("localhost","username", "password") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());

$result = mysql_query("select * from tablename where sku=''$_GET['sku']''") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());

$link = $row["link"];

mysql_query("update tablename set clicks=clicks+1 where sku=''$_GET['sku']''");

mysql_close($dblink);

?>

This returns the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/digitall/public_html/redirect.php on line 5

Try this mate

<?php
$dblink = mysql_connect("localhost","username", "password") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());
$result = mysql_query("select * from tablename where sku='".$_GET['sku']."'") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());
$link = $row["link"];
mysql_query("update tablename set clicks=clicks+1 where sku=''$_GET['sku']''");
mysql_close($dblink);
?>

change the $_GET so it's outside the ""

Regards

Liam

Same error, changed to:

<?php

$result = mysql_query("select * from tablename where sku=$_GET['sku']") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());

$link = $row["link"];

mysql_query("update tablename set clicks=clicks+1 where sku=$_GET['sku']");

mysql_close($dblink);

?>

It should still be erroring out to be honest as i missed the second usage of $_GET['']

Your final code should be

<?php
$result = mysql_query("select * from tablename where sku='".$_GET['sku']."'") or die('Error: '.mysql_error ());
$link = $row['link'];
mysql_query("update tablename set clicks=clicks+1 where sku='".$_GET['sku']."'");
header('Location: $link');
mysql_close($dblink);
?>

Remember to put your code within code brakets (the hash symbol) as this makes it easier to read and diagnose.

Regards

Liam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.