• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gtanzer

gtanzer
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

I have spent hours and hours and still don't have a clue what I need to do..

www.lifeinlegacy.com/list.php

I want to change the image listing to say yes or no if the picture is uploaded or not.

What am I doing wrong, with this piece of data

function ImageExists($image)
{
if(file_exists("/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/lifeinlegacy.com" .$image))
return "Yes";
else
return "Need Photo";
}

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

function ImageExists($image) {
   if (file_exists("/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/lifeinlegacy.com" .$image)) {
      return "Yes";
   } else {
      return "Need Photo";
   }
}

that is, assuming that the path is correct.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 toplay

toplay
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 973 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

Crayon Violent, the only thing I see different in your post is the use of the curly braces which are optional when you're specifying just one statement to run on an 'if' or 'if-else'.

gail, I assume when function is called $image has a forward slash followed by a filename (i.e. /picfile.jpg or /folder/picfile.jpg), right?

Are you saying you're getting "Need Photo" when you know the file is there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users