Over ride CSS sstyle sheet

siguy

My css sheets work great. My problem is that I also import other pieces of code from other sites. Is there anyway to turn off the css styles on the imported code? They have they own color and styles that they enter.

My code from the css style sheet.
.big {
FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff9501; TEXT-ALIGN: center
}

there imported code
<DIV style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 24px; COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; LETTER-SPACING: -1px">
FONT-FAMILY: Arial; LETTER-SPACING: -1px">
Thanks in advance
Stan
[u]

[!--quoteo(post=373875:date=May 14 2006, 09:37 PM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ May 14 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]373875[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Just cut out the style attribute.
Also, you should have it all in lowercase-that's the XHTML and HTML4.1 recommendation, anyhow.
[/quote]

I don't understand ?
I want the style on the page. there is just on the import section that i don't want to use the style.

Do you mean copying-and-pasting into your site code, or active importing.
If you're importing the code from another site, there's nothing you can do to change it then, aside from either convincing them to change their code, or figuring out your own way to do the same thing.

[!--quoteo(post=373968:date=May 15 2006, 07:17 AM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ May 15 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]373968[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Do you mean copying-and-pasting into your site code, or active importing.
If you're importing the code from another site, there's nothing you can do to change it then, aside from either convincing them to change their code, or figuring out your own way to do the same thing.
[/quote]

My code from the css style sheet.
.big {
FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff9501; TEXT-ALIGN: center
}

there imported code
<DIV style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 24px; COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; LETTER-SPACING: -1px">
FONT-FAMILY: Arial; LETTER-SPACING: -1px">

what I want is how to use this (where do I sert this specificity of 0. )

6.4.4 Precedence of non-CSS presentational hints
The UA may choose to honor presentational hints from other sources than style sheets, for example the FONT element or the "align" attribute in HTML
. If so, the non-CSS presentational hints must be translated to the corresponding CSS rules with specificity equal to zero.
The rules are assumed to be at the start of the author style sheet and may be overridden by subsequent style sheet rules.
Note. In a transition phase, this policy will make it easier for stylistic attributes to coexist with style sheets.
Note. In CSS1, the non-CSS presentational hints were given a specificity equal to 1, not 0. The change is due to the introduction of the universal selector, which has a specificity of 0.

from [a href=\"http://www.css.nu/faq/david-on-font.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.css.nu/faq/david-on-font.html[/a]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.