3 replies to this topic

#1 macdumbpling

macdumbpling
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hi.

I have to write an windows application that sits on a server and sends variables to a php web page. I currently am using flash and MDM, but that's far too slow and we're looking for something a little cleaner.

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thank you,
Kevin Biesbrock

#2 _will

_will
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:50 PM

[!--quoteo(post=373985:date=May 15 2006, 09:47 AM:name=macdumbpling)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(macdumbpling @ May 15 2006, 09:47 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi.

I have to write an windows application that sits on a server and sends variables to a php web page. I currently am using flash and MDM, but that's far too slow and we're looking for something a little cleaner.

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thank you,
Kevin Biesbrock
[/quote]

Any windows application that has access to the internet (via ActiveX control or through the winsock API) should be able to send variables to a PHP script. If you can access 'http://localhost/myscript.php?my_variables_here' you can pass the variables you want to send to your PHP script.

#3 macdumbpling

macdumbpling
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

My concern is, though, that I will have to open a new browser window to run the page...should it be possible with any programming language to just run the script?

#4 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:41 PM

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]should it be possible with any programming language to just run the script?[/quote]
Of course it is! Are you really the one writting this application?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users