Xampp Apache doesn't like aliases

Daen

Well, this might not be the most appropriate place to ask about an Xampp version of Apache, but since their forums are all in german, and I can't read german, I thought I'd see if anyone would know how to solve the problem here.

Ok, I'm trying to put an alias in my httpd.conf file in order to access a mapped network drive. I have Apache set to logon in service mode with a username that has access to said network drive.

Here's the relevant part of the .conf file:

[code]Alias /mediaFiles/ "X:/Evaluation & Measurement/English Certification Test/Student DATA/"
<Directory "X:/Evaluation & Measurement/English Certification Test/Student DATA">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>[/code]

Now here's the weird part. When I start apache from the command line, it runs just fine, and I can even access the aliased directory. When I try to start it with the Xampp control panel, it starts, then dies right after. No errors logged in the error log, nothing. Just dies.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any ideas how to fix it? I guess I could run it through the command line if I have to, but I would really rather be able to run it through the control panel if possible.

Thanks for any help you can give.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.